Sunday, January 24, 2016

Etsy, Oh Etsy, How Do I Love Thee?!

While I am also a big fan of Amazon.com and Amazon.uk, I absolutely love Etsy.com, which I discovered just over 2 years ago when I moved back to DC. I have bought all sorts of creative things, many customized.

Here are some of my favorite past purchases - a unique oak table and two spectacular customized orders:


My most recent orders:



Realizing that this will be the third wood spirit carving I have purchased, two from Etsy.com and one from the MD Ren Faire, I have decided to take up a new hobby...currently reading books on the subject of wood carving to figure out what supplies I need and I have ordered some wood blanks so I can start making carvings myself. I have attempted whittling projects before, but will need to get some proper knives if this is to become a real hobby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment