Saturday, October 17, 2015

Bridge of Spies

For some reason perhaps having to do with being from DC, I have always enjoyed movies and TV series about espionage. Earlier today I started watching "Covert Affairs" on Netflix and loved "Scarecrow & Mrs. King" growing up and "Alias"while working in Indonesia.

Today my mother and I went to Chinatown to see Tom Hank's new movie "Bridge of Spies" - a true story and excellent movie set during the Cold War. Of course on the way back up to my apartment to grab some things before driving my mother home, she told a complete stranger in the elevator that we just saw a wonderful movie and he responded back in a thick Russian accent...

Of course I can't think of a movie that Tom Hanks has been in that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. Among my favorites: "Philadelphia", "Castaway", and "Captain Phillips".

This made me start thinking about other actors who I would see in any movie they are in regardless of the movie. My top 3 have always been Robert Redford (favorite movies: "Three Days of the Condor" and "Sneakers"), Jodie Foster (favorite movies: "The Silence of the Lambs" and "Little Man Tate") and Meryl Streep (favorite movies: "Out of Africa", "The Hours" and "The Devil Wears Prada").


No comments:

Post a Comment