Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bryn Mawr Memories

Perhaps the best thing about living in Washington is that despite having few local friends outside of work, I get frequent visits from friends passing through DC. Yesterday I met up with 3 friends from undergrad, none of whom live in DC, but all of whom dropped by for a visit.

I am sad to be missing my 15th Bryn Mawr reunion (I must participate in a training of Primate Interpreters). Such memories and a ridiculously beautiful, medieval campus.

Rhoads, my dorm for all 4 years of undergrad at Bryn Mawr

Thomas, my favorite building at Bryn Mawr (basically a castle)

Thomas Great Hall in the Spring

Back of Thomas Great Hall from the Cloisters

The Cloisters, inside Thomas Great Hall

Cloisters of Thomas Library, my favorite spot on campus

Inside Thomas Great Hall

Several years after I attended BMC, a Harry Potter dinner was held in Thomas Great Hall

Athena (actually a replica made while I was in undergrad after the original was kidnapped and damaged) inside Thomas Great Hall, surrounded by exam-time offerings

Taylor Hall, the oldest building on Bryn Mawr's campus

Goodhart Hall

Inside Goodhart Hall

Pembrooke Dorm

Bryn Mawr's most famous alumnae Katharine Hepburn, looking towards her Pembrooke dorm 

Recently renovated Dalton Hall - I took most of my classes here since at the time the offices and classrooms for both Anthropology and Psychology (my two majors) were housed in Dalton

I still have my light blue lantern from Bryn Mawr

Bryn Mawr lanterns during Lantern Night

I'm not sure its possible to be a Bryn Mawr alumnae and not have an affinity for owls. There are owls everywhere in the gothic Bryn Mawr architecture. Here is one:


No comments:

Post a Comment