Sunday, May 22, 2016

Wentworth is Back! Hooked on Season 4

My favorite current American TV shows include "Treehouse Masters", "The Fosters", "The Americans", "Quantico", and "Big Bang Theory". Also let's face it, we all have our weaknesses when it comes to the TV we watch. My most embarrassing current television weakness is "Sister Wives", probably because its premise is so foreign to me that I find it fascinating psychologically.  I also admit to watching "Naked and Afraid" (although seriously, it is NOT a good idea to go into the wilderness naked and if you are going to do it anyway, please make yourself some shoes and find shelter before worrying about water or food--the order is shelter, water, food!), the various Canadian equivalents ("Alone", etc., though note that their contestants all wear clothes!). 

I know, I know. Everyone says that I need to start binge watching "Game of Thrones" on Netflix, but I'm afraid that once I start, I will never emerge from my apartment. I do enjoy binge watching shows on Netflix and Amazon Prime, particularly while entering data over the weekend. I blame Netflix for my obsession with a wonderful Aussie series "Wentworth" that I have blogged about before - I agree with one post I read that commented how "Wentworth" makes "Orange is the New Black" (which I have also enjoyed thanks to Netflix) seem a little bit like "Happy Days". This remake of "Prisoner Cell Block H" is truly good, gritty TV and I am hooked, largely thanks to some fantastic acting by Pemela Rabe, who plays Joan Ferguson, the former prison governor turned inmate, and Libby Tanner as Bridget Westfall, Wentworth Prison's psychologist and Franky's newest and hopefully permanent love interest now that Franky finally got out of prison at the end of Season 3. 

Season 4 of Wentworth started 2 weeks ago in Australia and airs there on Tuesday evening, so by Wednesday evening I have found the new episodes uploaded on YouTube. 

Pamela Rabe as the psychopathic former Governor Ferguson, aka "The Freak"

Nicole da Silva as Franky and Libby Tanner as Bridget :) 

Wentworth Season 4 Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment