Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Treehouse Dreams

When I was growing up I nearly had a treehouse in my backyard but before my father and I had a chance to work on building it a tree fell right through the place we had intended to build the treehouse. Ever since I have been obsessed with treehouses. I have several of Pete Nelson's treehouse books and I watch Treehouse Masters enviously. Having lived for years in a forest it seems only natural that I should one day live in a tree...

Someday, this is the crew I need to build my dream home in the trees!

And then one day I realized that even though I live in DC just next to a National Park forest but in an apartment, it might actually one day be possible to purchase some forest property in the Maryland or Virginia suburbs and commission the building of a treehouse. Living in DC, the trick will be finding affordable land close enough to the city, since the last thing I need is to be living next door to work in order to avoid a commute just to have a ridiculously long drive to my treehouse getaway, especially since I would love to be able to bring the cats sometimes or for long weekends. As a kid living in the Northern Virginia DC suburbs, I often drove 10-15 minutes down the road to hike the VA side of nearby Great Falls National Park, just by the CIA in Langley. If only I could find a small affordable plot of land with perfect treehouse trees neighboring Great Falls, on either side of the Potomac, I would be set to save up and eventually live my weird little dream of living at least part-time in a treehouse!





No comments:

Post a Comment